Bar Code is a modern block based quilt pattern with a nod to the traditional Rail Fence.
This quilt pattern will help you flex your strip-piecing muscles, and is perfect for using up your stash or scraps. It's suitable for advanced beginners and offers various options to make it bright and colourful, or as minimalist as you like.
Get inspired by samples and mockups on the blog.
SKILLS YOU'LL PRACTICE
Strip piecing, accurate cutting, scant 1/4" seams
Do you want to be guided through making this quilt in easy, weekly steps? I hosted a quilt-along in 2021, which I've turned into an on-demand email option. You can sign up right here and will receive a weekly email for 6 weeks to help guide you through the making of this quilt.
- 4 sizes: pillow, baby, square throw, rectangular throw
- 3 colourways: coordinated bundle, 2-colour, scrappy
- Skill level: advanced beginner/intermediate
- Technique: strip-piecing
- Fat quarter, fat eighths, stash and scrap friendly
- Fabric requirements in photos
- Pattern assumes that the quilter has basic piecing and quilting knowledge
- Easy to read with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Plenty of diagrams to follow along
- Perfect for a wide range of colours and prints
- This is a paper pattern that will be mailed to you by post
- A PDF instant download version of the pattern is available here
- Pattern is one person use
- Do not copy, sell or distribute without written consent
- License to sell: You may sell items made from this pattern as a small, independent business. Please credit Penny Spool Quilts as the pattern designer.
- License to teach: You may teach this pattern in a class, but each students must purchase their own copy of the pattern. Do not photocopy the pattern for students.
Share photos of your Penny Spool Quilts projects on Instagram with the hashtags #psqbarcode and #psqpatterns, or tag me @pennyspoolquilts