Wooden blocks are one of my favourite toys for kids. This quilt block features some of the basic shapes and is a fun block to practice your colour selections to make the 3D effect. Whether you need a block for a toy-themed quilt, a pillow for the play room, or just want to practice your 3D skills, this block is for you. Or how about turning the block into a fabric bag to store all the blocks in?
This block was originally designed for Quilt Block Mania. Check out this blog post for more details and colouring inspiration.
SKILLS YOU'LL PRACTICE
Foundation paper piecing, colour selection for 3D effect
- Block size 12.5" x 12.5"
- Skill level: adventurous beginner
- Technique: Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP)
- Pattern assumes that the quilter has basic FPP knowledge
- Includes full-size templates with seam allowances
- Colouring diagrams to help keep track of your colour choices
- Easy to read with detailed instructions
- Scrap friendly
- This is a PDF instant download at checkout
- The pattern will also be emailed to you, make sure you enter a valid email address at checkout
- PDF can be viewed on your device or printed at 8.5in x 11in (will also fit A4 paper)
- Limited number of downloads, please save it to your device
- Pattern is one person use
- Do not copy, sell or distribute without written consent
- License to sell: You may sell items made from this pattern as a small, independent business. Please credit Penny Spool Quilts as the pattern designer.
Share photos of your Penny Spool Quilts projects on Instagram with the hashtags #psqwoodentoyblocks and #psqpatterns, or tag me @pennyspoolquilts