Take a twist on tradition with this traditionally pieced Twisted Log Cabin block. Use it by itself for a tote, pillow or table topper, or play with colours and turn it into a stunning quilt. The possibilities are almost endless with this pattern.
This block was originally designed as an FPP pattern for Quilt Block Mania and has been adapted for traditional piecing. Check out this blog post for tips and more colouring options.
SKILLS YOU'LL PRACTICE
Gain foundation paper piecing confidence
- Block size 12.5" x 12.5"
- Skill level: beginner
- Technique: traditional piecing
- Colouring diagrams to help keep track of your colour choices
- Easy to read with detailed assembly instructions & diagrams
- Fabric requirements: cutting sizes are listed in the pattern, but this pattern is designed for scraps and as such does not contain a fabric requirements chart. Please refer to the cutting sizes for fabric requirements.
- Perfect for Jelly Roll leftovers
- Important: in order to use standard cutting sizes, this block does not match up exactly with the FPP version. Do not mix the two patterns in a quilt as they will not line up.
- This is a PDF instant download at checkout
- The pattern will also be emailed to you, make sure you enter a valid email address at checkout
- PDF can be viewed on your device or printed at 8.5in x 11in (will also fit A4 paper)
- Limited number of downloads, please save it to your device
- Pattern is one person use
- Do not copy, sell or distribute without written consent
- License to sell: You may sell items made from this pattern as a small, independent business. Please credit Penny Spool Quilts as the pattern designer.
Share photos of your Penny Spool Quilts projects on Instagram with the hashtags #psqtwistedlogcabin and #psqpatterns, or tag me @pennyspoolquilts