Flocks of Colour is a modern flying geese quilt pattern that is fun and easy to make. Unleash your inner colour enthusiast with a rainbow version as shown on the cover, or use your favourite prints or fabric collection to make this quilt fit any space. The simple and bold design is perfect for showing off your favourite fabrics, and the pattern includes instructions for making bonus half-square triangles, and layouts for using them to make a second quilt or matching pillow case.
Flocks of Colour is a beginner-friendly pattern and has been updated from the original version to include instructions for 5 sizes and 2 colour options.
This is a new and much expanded version of Flocks of Colour. If you have purchased the original version and need to re-download it, please email me.
SKILLS YOU'LL PRACTICE
Make flying geese and bonus half-square triangles
- 5 sizes: baby, crib, throw, twin, double
- 2 colour options: monochrome or multicolour
- Skill level: beginner
- Technique: traditional piecing
- Use yardage, fat quarters or fat eighths
- Fabric requirements in photos
- Pattern assumes that the quilter has basic piecing and quilting knowledge
- Easy to follow with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Plenty of diagrams to follow along
- Colouring page to try out your own colour schemes
- Perfect for a wide range of colours and prints
- This is a PDF instant download at checkout
- A printed version of this pattern is available here
- The pattern will also be emailed to you, make sure you enter a valid email address at checkout
- PDF can be viewed on your device or printed at 8.5in x 11in (will also fit A4 paper)
- Limited number of downloads, please save it to your device
- Pattern is one person use
- Do not copy, sell or distribute without written consent
- License to sell: You may sell items made from this pattern as a small, independent business. Please credit Penny Spool Quilts as the pattern designer.
Share photos of your Penny Spool Quilts projects on Instagram with the hashtags #psqflocksofcolour and #psqpatterns, or tag me @pennyspoolquilts