Ripple & Swirl is two modern quilt patterns in one. Using the same blocks, a simple twist will give you either one layout, or the other.
This beginner-friendly pattern plays with contrast and different layouts to take the humble half-square triangle to new heights.
SKILLS YOU'LL LEARN
Learn to use volume and contrast to create the swirl or ripple effect with half-square triangles.
- 5 sizes: Pillow, Baby, Throw, Twin, Double/Queen
- Skill level: easy
- Technique: traditional piecing
- Fat Quarter friendly for some sizes
- Fabric requirements in photos
- Pattern assumes that the quilter has basic piecing and quilting knowledge
- Easy to read with detailed step-by-step instructions
- Plenty of diagrams to follow along
- Perfect for solids or prints, or make it scrappy
- This is a PDF instant download at checkout
- The pattern will also be emailed to you, make sure you enter a valid email address at checkout
- PDF can be viewed on your device or printed at 8.5in x 11in (will also fit A4 paper)
- Limited number of downloads, please save it to your device
- Pattern is one person use
- Do not copy, sell or distribute without written consent
- License to sell: You may sell items made from this pattern as a small, independent business. Please credit Penny Spool Quilts as the pattern designer.
Share photos of your Penny Spool Quilts projects on Instagram with the hashtags #psqrippleandswirl and #psqpatterns, or tag me @pennyspoolquilts